Home Contractor Pleads Guilty

Attorney General Michael A. Delaney announced today that Patrick Hayes, who has in the past performed home contracting work under the business names of Anything For Homes and Forever Metal Roof Company, pled guilty today in Merrimack County Superior Court to two misdemeanor violations of the Consumer Protection Act. Mr. Hayes, in conjunction with his contracting business, took money from consumers and then failed to complete some or all of the promised work.

Mr. Hayes had entered into an Assurance of Discontinuance with the State of New Hampshire, which required him to make monthly payments to consumers to whom he owed money. The misdemeanors charged him with failing to make the required monthly payments.

Upon his guilty pleas, the Merrimack County Superior Court sentenced Mr. Hayes to 12 months at the House of Corrections, all suspended for a period of two years, one year probation and restitution.

Attorney General Delaney said "Our office will continue to pursue home contractors, and any kind of business which takes money from consumers without performing the promised services."

Consumers may obtain information about consumer protection issues, or report consumer complaints, on the Consumer Protection Bureau's website at http://www.doj.nh.gov/consumer.

Had an Experience with Anything for Homes?

Comments

AFHS

You can see the real article that this post was taken from.It was an entirely different contractor from July 2011.

This James Kenton person copied the ad from the NH DOJ Attorney General website and tried to use it to slander this person's company and reputation. What kind of person does something like that??

Why would someone try to ruin a person's business and their livelihood?This James Kenton guy needs to seek some help!

John
to AFHS #827141

Patrick Hayes was in business with Mr.Kenton and then stole 10's of thousands of dollars from him.

Mr.Hayes is a thief and the people of NH need to know he is less than honest.

FMR

This is not true story about Patrick and his company. Please remove this posting as it is false.

AFHS